Tattoo Shop Reviews: Is birth control BAD for you?
Tattoo Shop Reviews Is birth control BAD for you?
Is birth control bad for your body? Will it give you cancer and make you infertile? Do the online hormone experts know something you don’t?? Dr. Lincoln addresses the top misconceptions when it comes to birth control here today!
0:55 3 reasons why people say birth control is bad
1:25 How non-qualified experts use FEAR to make money off BC concerns
2:16 Birth control and fertility
3:15 Blood clots
7:22 Strokes and heart attacks
8:08 Weight gain
9:41 Sex drive
10:12 My 2 take homes messages
REFERENCES and RESOURCES:
1. National Women’s Health Network. Health facts: hormonal birth control and clot risks. Oct 2017. Accessed 27 Sept 2020.
2. ACOG Committee Opinion #540: Risk of venous thromboembolism among users of drosperinone-containing oral contraceptive pills. Reaffirmed 2020.
3. U.S. Selected Practice Recommendations 2016.
4. Cochrane Systematic Review. Combined oral contraceptives: venous thrombosis. March 2014.
5. CDC Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use.
6. ACOG Practice Bulletin #206: Use of Hormonal Contraception in Women With Coexisting Medical Conditions. Feb 2019.
7. American Heart Association. Guidelines for the Prevention of Stroke in Women. Feb 2014.
8. Lidegaard Ø, Løkkegaard E, Jensen A, Skovlund CW, Keiding N. Thrombotic stroke and myocardial infarction with hormonal contraception. N Engl J Med. 2012 Jun 14;366(24):2257-66. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1111840. PMID: 22693997.
9. The American College of OBGYN. Practice Advisory: Hormonal contraception and the risk of breast cancer. January 2018.
10. Mørch LS, Skovlund CW, Hannaford PC, Iversen L, Fielding S, Lidegaard Ø. Contemporary Hormonal Contraception and the Risk of Breast Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2017 Dec 7;377(23):2228-2239. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1700732. PMID: 29211679.
11. Gierisch JM, Coeytaux RR, Urrutia RP, Havrilesky LJ, Moorman PG, Lowery WJ, Dinan M, McBroom AJ, Hasselblad V, Sanders GD, Myers ER. Oral contraceptive use and risk of breast, cervical, colorectal, and endometrial cancers: a systematic review. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013 Nov;22(11):1931-43. doi: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-13-0298. Epub 2013 Sep 6. PMID: 24014598.
BE SOCIAL! Don’t forget to come follow along elsewhere!
Email: [email protected]
THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS
Horizontal uterus with flowers:
DISCLAIMER: None of this content constitutes direct medical advice or constitutes a patient-doctor relationship. Views expressed here do not represent the views of Dr. Lincoln’s employer. For personalized medical advice, consult with your doctor.
Music: Red Mountain
Musician: Winter Foe
#birthcontrol #obgyn #birthcontrolpill